Mentoring and Befriending Evaluation Support (London)
What the project is looking to achieve
This project helps mentoring and befriending projects to identify appropriate outcomes and outcome measures as well as providing access to and guidance on choosing suitable monitoring and evaluation tools.
The project is funded by the City Bridge Trust and the support is free for any London-based organisation (or organisations who are active in London) with a mentoring and/or befriending project.
What the project offers
Free research mentoring
You are assigned an expert researcher to provide light touch support and advice about your monitoring & evaluation. This usually begins with a telephone call followed up by emails/calls which work through any specific monitoring and evaluation needs you have. This support is tailored to your needs and often includes:
- looking at your current questionnaires
- identifying common scales used in the sector
- advice on using qualitative research and informal feedback
- advice on how to present data.
These are on various themes around monitoring and evaluation. The final three workshops are:
Evaluating the impact of volunteers
- 16 January 2017, 10am - 3pm. NCVO building, London.
This will include:
- developing a framework for assessing the impact of volunteers
- tools and methods
- principles and tips.
Understanding monitoring and evaluation data
- 23 February 2017, 10am - 3pm. NCVO building, London.
- 16 March 2017, 10am - 3pm. NCVO building, London.
This will include:
- feeling more confident about using data
- understand the process of monitoring and evaluation
- finding meaning in data
- considering audiences, such as funders and commissioners.
We have also been developing new website content including free how-to guides for monitoring and evaluating mentoring and befriending projects. Please take a look and let us have any feedback on it, for example, its usability and usefulness.