City Year London Programme Evaluation
The City Year programme is a well established volunteering programme in the United States and is being launched in London in 2010 for an initial three years. The programme consists of a year of full-time service which aims to give 18-25 year olds the ‘skills and opportunities to change the world’. Teams will be linked with six primary schools in Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Islington and provide one-to-one mentoring and run after-school clubs as well as supporting secondary school children in volunteering and promoting community volunteer days.
IVR’s role is to carry out an evaluation of this initial pilot period, exploring how this model is translating to the particular education and volunteering context in London and focusing primarily on its impact on the primary schools and the volunteers.
The evaluation will deploy a range of methods including a qualitative longitudinal study of both primary school pupils and volunteers in addition to using secondary quantitative data and surveys.
- Evaluation of City Year London programme: Year 3 interim report (May 2013)
- Evaluation of the City Year London Programme: End of Year 1 Report
- Evaluation of the City Year London Programme: End of Year 1 Summary report
- Evaluation of the City Year London Programme: Year 2 Interim Report
- Evaluation of the City Year London Programme: Year 2 Report
- Evaluation of City Year London programme: Year 3 report (Dec 2013)
For more information on City Year visit www.cityyear.org.uk.